8.19.2008

MTV + Britney

The summer has given me the opportunity to watch a lot of TV, which means I get to see a lot of ads... as well as re-runs, reality shows, and weird Olympic sports. No offense to table tennis players, but really?

So, I've seen a couple ads for the VMAs featuring Russell Brand and Britney Spears. The ads are good. I can't help but smile whenever I see them. Maybe, Russell Brand is very subtly hilarious? Maybe, it's nice to see Britney doing well? Maybe, a combination of both?

I can't quite decide. It could also be that it's nice to see MTV embracing Britney after the tragic performance of 2007 and the tragic months that followed Britney afterward. It's kinda heartwarming... MTV kinda gave birth to the superstar that is Britney Spears. The station helped launch her to mega stardom as she grew as an artist over the years.

Then, the 2007 VMAs happened. It's like a kid fucking up astronomically in the eyes of their parents. But, those parents still love the kid; MTV still loves Britney.

No comments: