8.21.2008

Randomness

Just a hodgepodge of things today.

First, I really don't like the use of Lux Aeterna (the unforgettable, extremely powerful composition by Clint Mansell for Darren Aronofsky's amazing film Requiem for a Dream) in the Babylon A.D. -- the new Vin Diesel movie -- trailer. Maybe ppl feel that you can just throw that song into your trailer and immediately make it more dramatic.

It's a weird reason to be ticked off, I admit. But, Requiem is one of my favorite movies of all time; Aronofsky is one of my favorite directors. And I associate that song with that movie. It was so powerful, so moving, and so memorable. And it seems wrong for it be used in promotion of any other movie.

Second, I know some ppl really like the Hillshire Farms spots -- the "Go Meat!" ones. It irritates me. I mean, it's a memorable commercial, but it doesn't at all make me wanna try Hillshire Farms. I knew that I completely hated it once my mom said, "Go meat!" in unison with the spot. [sigh]

Third, I'm actually not in a bad mood... although I'm bitching about commercials. The Dior Homme Spring/Summer 2009 show has made my day. Not only is the collection amazing. I love the weird looking sunglasses; I want 'em badly. But, it's fifteen minutes of an amazing Justice mix!





That is all.

No comments: