8.13.2008

Social Networking...

...is a monster. It's taking over my life -- and I'm sure, the lives of others.

I'm old enough to remember when sites like MySpace and LiveJournal (which were my first encounters with social networks) first took. Both of which I no longer (or very rarely) use or even check.

My main social networking site has been Facebook, for many reasons. Most of my "friends" are on it and it's pretty simple. (I always hated MySpace's complicated/cluttered-ness). Facebook lately is turning into MySpace itself, growing in numbers and cluttered-ness unfortunately. But, it still seems to be most apropos for a college student.

Reading a bunch of ad blogs, I discovered this new (to me) place: LinkedIn. It looks like it could be more helpful to me than Facebook, as it's geared toward career networking. As I write this entry, I'm signing up. I have a feeling that it will be very helpful down the line to me, in terms of internships and eventually landing my dream job since networking helps a ton in getting hired.

Hopefully, this will be one of the last social networking sites I have to join. I don't think my gmail account can take too many more email updates on who wrote on my wall or who wants to be my friend...

Later

No comments: